Pizza Dough Recipe
The real Pizza dough recipe is very easy to prepare.It is very important to carefully follow the original recipe if you want obtain a pizza easy to digest
- Water (cold), 1 litre (1000ml)
- Sea Salt 50g
- Fresh Yeast 10g (OR dry yeast 5g)
- Flour 1.7kg/1.9kg depending on strength – plain flour or 00 (double zero flour)
Day Before Cooking:
- Pour water in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, and dissolve in water.
- Add yeast to water and dissolve.
- Slowly add the flour to the water and mix by hand until a ball is formed.
- Remove from the bowl and place on your work bench, knead by hand for approx 10 mins.
- Dough should be a nice spongy texture-not too sticky or hard, add extra flour if necessary.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap, or coat dough with olive oil. Rest for 10 to 15 mins.
- Portion dough into approx 200g to 250g and round into balls.
- Place the balls into an air tight container and refrigerate overnight.
Day of Cooking:
- Remove pizza dough balls from refrigerator 2 to 3 hours prior to making pizzas, allowing dough balls to prove at room temperature. After which the dough balls should be ready to hand stretch into your pizza bases. A smooth surface is required for stretching your pizza base, marble or granite bench-top is ideal. Sprinkle some flour on the bench before stretching.
- Place the pizza base on the flour and add your toppings.
- Use a wide paddle to scoop the pizza off the bench and place it in the oven.
- When the pizza starts to brown it can be turned in a circular motion with a small round pizza peel.
- The pizza should take approx 3 minutes to cook and can be taken out of the oven with the small round pizza peel.