Oven Use and Maintenance
All Vesuvio Wood Fire Ovens require curing before use. At Vesuvio Wood Fired Ovens, we recommend you let your oven sit for 5-7 days after you have completed building it. If rendered, ensure render is completely dry before curing. Over the next 5 days, starting with a low temperature of approx. 100℃ and increasing this by 100℃ each day up to 500℃, build a fire and sustain it for the day. Try to maintain the temperature as you do not want a high temperature fire straight away. The best way to check the temperature is with an infrared thermometer. On the 6th day, you may commence cooking.
Vesuvio Wood Fired Ovens are extraordinarily versatile and provide you a vast array of cooking options for your menu. What you can cook is only limited by your imagination!
There is very little maintenance involved with a Vesuvio Wood Fired Oven. Cleaning of ashes is required occasionally & when the oven is cold using a brass wire brush. At no time should water be used to clean inside the pizza oven. The flue must be cleaned on a regular basis – we recommend cleaning the flue every 3 months.
Benefits of a Vesuvio Commercial
Woodfired Pizza Oven
- Choice of Pre-Cast Modular or Pre Assembled pizza ovens.
- Presents a spectacular cooking display, adding ambience.
- Low maintenance cooking.
- Cost effective operation with a choice of wood only, gas only or gas/wood combination.
- Fast cooking times – a pizza will cook to perfection in 2-3 minutes.
- Ability to cook an array of different foods – from pizzas to your complete menu.
- Enhanced flavours – your customers will love the Versatility – ability to utilise different cooking methods; baking, braising, stewing, sautéing, grilling, moking, roasting, searing in juices, maintaining moisture & flavour, preventing food from drying.
- Extremely durable and – built to last.
- Made in and fully imported from Italy.
- Easy to install.
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty.